Through the years, at GreenWood woodland Park we've been recognised with many different prizes, covering both tourism together with environment. Read on when it comes to full story.
The story started in 1993 when husband and wife Stephen and Andrea Bristow began “The GreenWood Centre”. At that time all that endured was the Great Hall, with the Park called an education center training folks about nature and wildlife. The Great Hall had been bulit by Adam Heath, you are able to browse the story associated with build here
Fast ahead 21 many years and it has become everything we understand these days as GreenWood woodland Park, outstanding place for household times out, welcoming lots and lots of visitors annually.
GreenWood Forest Park’s landscape may have altered nevertheless ethos behind the company have not. The owners and group remain enthusiastic about being sort to nature and today, all of the rides and tasks need your power to ensure they are work, such as the renowned people powered roller-coaster.
At GreenWood, we're very pleased with our awards.
- 2015 Detailed 4th Best Amusement Park in the UK & 20th Best in Europe inside Trip Advisor Travellers’ Preference Awards
- 2014 North Wales Chronicle “Best Family Attraction”
- 2014 Listed in the ten top amusement Parks in britain within the Trip Consultant Travellers’ Preference Awards
- 2013 North Wales Chronicle “Best Family Appeal”
- 2012 North Wales Chronicle “Best Family Attraction”
- 2012 Remote Wales Award
- 2011 North Wales Chronicle “Best Family Attraction”
- 2010 Best Family outing in Wales (Finalist)
- 2010 Wildlife outdoors of the Year
- 2009 Gwynedd Business Person of the season
- 2008 Daily Post business of the season
- 2008 Green Dragon Ecological Standard Degree 2
- 2007 Nationwide Lasting Tourism Award (finalist)
- 2007 Tourism Entrepreneur of the Year (Finalist)
- 2005 Global Accountable Tourism Award
- 2005 Lasting Tourism Award (Finalist)
- 2002 Woodlands and folks Award
- 1993 Prince of Wales Award
MBEs for solutions to tourism
an award which both Stephen and Andrea are specifically happy, is getting their particular MBEs in '09, approved for solutions to tourism in North Wales.
Andrea remembers the function really, “Amongst the many recipients to receive an MBE thereon day, we were the sole few together with an exclusive training session to make certain our curtsy and bow were synchronised.”
“Prince Charles talked some words to united states both and then we welcomed His Royal Highness to go to GreenWood woodland Park. There was clearly additionally an orchestra playing through the investiture. We thoroughly enjoyed the celebration and had a celebration dinner with this families after ward.”