Ken Skates came to be in 1976 in Wrexham, educated at Mold Alun class and continued to examine Social and Political Science at Cambridge University.
Inside the spare time, Ken enjoys working, swimming, hiking and tennis along with having an interest in farming, art and architectural design. Ken once was a journalist and associate to Mark Tami MP.
In 2008, he had been elected a residential area councillor. Ken’s policy interests include production, mental health, sport and leisure, getting rid of impoverishment and governmental economy. Their political passions feature skills education, tourism, ecological security, psychological state, recreation and physical fitness and personal addition.
In Summer 2013 Ken Skates ended up being appointed Deputy Minister for techniques and tech. In September 2014, Ken ended up being appointed Deputy Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism.
The Deputy Minister for customs, Sport and Tourism accounts for:
- Tourism in and also to Wales, such as the marketing and advertising and advertising of Wales as a tourist location and legislation associated with the tourism business
- Significant occasions
- Nationwide strategy and policy for the historic environment in Wales, like the preservation, security, including designation, and promotion of the historic environment, monuments and structures; heritage-led regeneration; sponsorship associated with Royal Commission on Ancient Monuments and help for the Welsh Archaeological Trusts;
- Nationwide strategy and policy for culture in Wales, including policy on non-national galleries, public libraries and archives; sponsorship associated with Arts Council for Wales, Amgueddfa Cymru, the National Library of Wales, the Welsh Books Council and investment to your Wales Millennium Centre
- National strategy and policy for recreation, physical activity and active relaxing in Wales, including sponsorship associated with Sports Council for Wales
- National Botanic Outdoors of Wales
- Policy on broadcasting
- Government Indemnity Scheme while the Acceptance in place of Inheritance Tax Scheme
- Problems surrounding the distribution of Lottery capital within Wales because of the Big Lottery Fund, National Heritage Memorial Fund and Heritage Lottery Fund, Arts Council of Wales and Sports Council for Wales (allocation of investment between good reasons and between nations continues to be the obligation of British Government).
We seek to supply an answer to correspondence to ministers, including email within 17 working days. Ministers will respond to things that fall in their portfolio. Kindly follow ‘Writing to ministers’ to make contact with the right minister.